We provide routine gynecological care for women of all ages as well as specialized care in the following areas:
Novasure (endometrial ablation)
Essure (non-surgical sterilization)
Minerva (endometrial ablation)
Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
Incontinence management and surgery including Urodynamic Procedures
Heel scans for osteoporosis screening
- Mammography Screening
Making the most out of your visit
- About your symptoms
- About your diagnosis
- About your treatment options
- What your medications are for
- What, if any, are the side effects of your medications?
- If you do not understand, ask questions until you do
- You can take part in your care
- With your written permission, family and friends can ask questions too
Make sure you understand — after your visit, sometimes it's hard to remember everything:
- Take notes
- Repeat the information back in your own words
- Feel free to ask for a simple or more detailed explanation
- Make sure you know what to do in an emergency
Patient educations; ask if we have:
- Literature on your condition
Erin has been providing care to women since graduating with her Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree in 2006. Initially caring for gynecological and high risk antepartum patients, Erin transitioned to Labor & Delivery where she worked for eight years and obtained her certification in Inpatient Obstetrics. While a labor nurse, Erin attended a Passion for Birth seminar, was a breastfeeding resource on the unit and presented a research project on skin-to-skin during cesarean delivery at an international nursing conference. Her highest achievement during this time, however, was the birth of her own child.
In 2015, Erin decided to become part of the Partner's in Women's Healthcare Triage Department. She has a passion for providing patients with information to make the best, most informed decisions for themselves and their families. Erin is currently working on obtaining her Masters of Science in Nursing Education.
You are invited to our childbirth preparation classes
Goals and objectives:
These goals will be met in a relaxed and informal class emphasizing participation and fun:
- Provide information about the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Teach the latest information on the labor and delivery process and the tools to cope with fear, anxiety, and discomfort. This includes breathing and relaxation exercises.
- Enhance communication and teamwork with both caregiver and labor partner.
Prepared childbirth classes:
- Changes during pregnancy
- Wellness in the 3rd trimester
- Warning signs/Precautions
- Role of the support person(s)
- Introduction to relaxation
- Overview of Labor/Early Labor/Active Labor
- Comfort measures/Relaxation
- Outpatient assessment/Admission to the hospital
- Relaxation and breathing practice
- First Stage: Transition Phase
- Second Stage: Labor (pushing/birth)
- Third Stage: Labor (Delivery of Placenta)
- Making informed choices/Birth Plans
- Family-centered care
- Relaxation and breathing practice
- Unexpected outcomes
- Emergency childbirth
- Variations in standard labor
- Medical interventions
- Cesarean birth
- Fourth Stage: Labor
- Hospital Recovery
- Postpartum changes and adjustments
- Infant feeding
- New parenting concerns
- Tour of UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg Hospital birthing facilities
- Newborn behaviors
- Basic baby care
- Car seat safety
Childbirth Class 2018 Schedule
Series #1 (6 week sessions 6:30-8:30PM):
- January 9, 16, 23, 30
- February 6,13
Series #2 (6 week sessions 6:30-8:30PM):
- May 8, 15, 22, 29
- June 5, 12
Series #3 (6 week sessions 6:30-8:30PM):
- August 7, 14, 21, 28
- September 4, 11
If unable to attend 6 weekly sessions we do offer consolidated Saturday Sessions (8:30AM - 5:00PM) :
- July 14
- October 13
- 3 couple minimum for Saturday Classes. Lunch NOT provided.
**November/December classes to be announced. Wait List available.
Childbirth Class Information
Childbirth Preparation is a six-week course that meets once each week. We also offer a full day consolidated Saturday Session. This program is designed primarily for first-time parents who desire both physical and mental preparation for childbirth, postpartum, and early parenting.
Time: Tuesday evenings 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Consolidated Saturday session: 8:30AM - 5:00PM (lunch is not provided)
Location: Partners in Women’s Healthcare, P.C., Lemoyne location in the waiting room!
Fee: $90.00 per couple
For more information or to register please contact Erin Anderson, BSN, RNC-OB at (717)991-6332 or via email email@example.com
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY! CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED!